Re: More questions about debian on Zaurus

* Simon Pickering (enpsgp@bath.ac.uk) wrote:
> Klaus (& Matt),
>
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:33:07PM +0100, Simon Pickering wrote:
[snip]
> I'd really like something which will work from the ROM (and has a
> writable ROM as it pains me to think that that storage is sat there
> effectively unused - Crow ROM and even OZ for example) and then I can
[snip]

Uh, OZ's flash is far from unused.

[snip]
> It also looks like OZ doesn't re-run the scripts which are placed in
> /etc/rc2.d. I remember reading that OZ did something strange like not
> run these scripts until opie exited, possibly because opie is started in
> /etc/rc2.d?

Opie is being spawned into the foreground, not background.  Its a really
long story whose logic I dont feel like going into just now, but rest
assured its done for a reason, and also rest assured it is going away in
the next release in favor of a consolodated sane gui spawn tool.
--
Chris Larson
kergoth at handhelds dot org