RE: More questions about debian on Zaurus

> The suspend/resume thing is rather hairy to get right, you
> need to make sure that you don't have conflicting programs
> that are both trying to handle it. Does OZ have some sort of
> power management running in the background even with the GUI
> not running?

Yep, ps -A shows (after exiting opie) the following running:

/usr/sbin/apm -P /etc/apm/apmd_p (the end goes off the screen)

> What did work for me was to have zapmd running if (and only
> if) the Debian / fbvnc client environment is active, and
> fbvnc does the suspend via "zsuspend" ("echo suspend > /dev/zapmd &").
>
> The system hangs if zapmd is still running when Qtopia tries
> to suspend. The "Fbvnc" wrapper shell script should handle
> starting and stopping zapmd, but it won't work right if the
> "zdebian" startup script didn't run, since it needs the "zapm
> proxy" to get it working from the chroot.

I suppose I could kill and restart it as part of the Fbvnc script? And
probably also make Vncserver run the scripts too as they don't seem to
get run. How does icewm produce the suspend behaviour, the same way
using your zsuspend script or by directly calling something or other?

> The clean solution would be to get the standard "apm -s"
> working instead of having each environment do their own thing
> - I haven't tried OZ recently, if it does work let me know please.

Perhaps it would be better for me to use the current apmd and alter your
zsuspend script to use the OZ version. What is the issue with this
anyway, 'apm -s' certainly works fine on my Zaurus (OZ3.2)? I'll have a
look at it tomorrow. Thanks for the pointer.

Si