Re: Trying to join the hamradio team

> On 09.11.21 at 16:38 wrote Basil Gunn:
>> Example of how to use kissattach with systemd. Kissattach is called from
>> a script ax25-upd
>>
>> https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/systemd/ax25/ax25-upd
>
> Thank you for the pointer to these great scripts! After a first look
> into them a question pops up: How is the kissatach killed on tear
> down?
> I cannot see the line where this is done. Would you please so kind and
> explain it to me?

Yes. I agree it is sort of hard to follow.

I have 3 scripts that manage the direwolf/ax.25 linkage
ax25-start
ax25-stop
ax25-status

Since ax.25 binds to direwolf ax25-start/ax25-stop brings both direwolf
& ax.25 up/down together.

ax25-stop stops the following systemd services:

ax25dev.service
ax25dev.path
direwolf.service
ax25-mheardd.service
ax25d.service

The ax25dev.service calls script ax25-downd
https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/blob/master/systemd/ax25/ax25-downd
and near the bottom of that script you will see:

# Stop Kissattach
killall -KILL kissattach > /dev/null

/Basil