Re: New Hamlib package

Hi Enrico,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 11:32:53AM +0200, Enrico Rossi wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:43:27AM +0200, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> > Hamlib bindings supports Python 3, but you have to build in 2
> > steps, if you want to use both Python2 and Python3. I don't know,
> > how could we integrate this to a Debian package.
>
> I'm playing with the rules to build also the python 3.6 and 3.7 bit it
> seems not so easy.

yes, that's true.

Anyway, I think it would be enough to build for only 3.6 XOR 3.7
- which is also very hard; that's what I asked once, who made it
before.

> > W: libhamlib2++c2: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libhamlib++2
> > I don't know why and where comes this name conventions to Hamlib,
> > but didn't wanted to change them.
>
> I think it's the Debian policy regarding lib's naming convention.

yes, I mean why is these are the names, that lintian drops the
warnings for the names...

> > > wsjtx package IMO need some work instead, even if it working.
> > I think the WSJTX is a bit old version (1.8). I've started to
> > work it on, sent a mail to here, but didn't get any relevant
> > answer.
>
> I'm concentrating on the hamlib, wsjtx depends on it right?

yes, absolutely. The WSJT-X source contains a Hamlib subtree, I
prepared the original source package, and removed that part. Now
my package contains only the WSJT-X, and depends the actually
hamlib components.

> > Anyway, the WSJT-X current version is 1.9.1, I've made a package
> > from that upstream:
>
> from wsjtx 1.8 -> 1.9.1 I see patches to the hamlib, is it still
> compatible with the current (3.2) hamlib?

I can build the the WSJT-X package with both 3.1 and 3.2 Hamlib
packages.

> Anyway, I think hamlib has the precedence here, if it's ok for you I
> will continue to spend sometime on it?

yes - the question is what sould we do?

I wrote e-mail to @aeb, who asked me, don't push anything to
salsa. But salsa is "just" an SCV, I think we can upload the
Hamlib 3.2 to FTP - what I also can't do, because I'm in
uploaders field (once @colin said me that I can put myself to
there), therefore I can't upload the package as "team-upload",
and I can't upload it as @airween, because I don't have
permission for that package as uploader.

We can align the state of salsa after we upload the new Hamlib
version.

73, Ervin
HA2OS