Re: New Hamlib package

Hi Ervin,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:43:27AM +0200, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> Hamlib bindings supports Python 3, but you have to build in 2
> steps, if you want to use both Python2 and Python3. I don't know,
> how could we integrate this to a Debian package.

I'm playing with the rules to build also the python 3.6 and 3.7 bit it
seems not so easy.

> W: libhamlib2++c2: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libhamlib++2
> I don't know why and where comes this name conventions to Hamlib,
> but didn't wanted to change them.

I think it's the Debian policy regarding lib's naming convention.

> > wsjtx package IMO need some work instead, even if it working.
> I think the WSJTX is a bit old version (1.8). I've started to
> work it on, sent a mail to here, but didn't get any relevant
> answer.

I'm concentrating on the hamlib, wsjtx depends on it right?

> Anyway, the WSJT-X current version is 1.9.1, I've made a package
> from that upstream:

from wsjtx 1.8 -> 1.9.1 I see patches to the hamlib, is it still
compatible with the current (3.2) hamlib?

Anyway, I think hamlib has the precedence here, if it's ok for you I
will continue to spend sometime on it?

Bye
E.

--