Re: We have a problem

On 05/06/2015 10:36 PM, Deacon Patrick Ouellette wrote:
>>> [1]
>>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=778843#33
>
> That report is a dupe of 777013

No, those are two different bug reports. The former is asking about
the removal of an obviously broken and unmaintained package and the
other is one of the problems the package has.

You're not doing a proper job tracking bugs if you throw these two
fundamental different things into one pot.

Furthermore, I just have the impression that you are having problems
with changes. But the point is, software is always changing and
sometimes it's time to move on and that also means removing packages
when they are no longer fit for the archive. Debian has a reputation
to lose and we should therefore not carry packages for which there are
no fixes in sight.

I don't understand why you are seeing these such actions as personal
attacks but I also didn't understand people who were insisting on
using outdated concepts like sysvinit et al. either.

In any case, Iain made a great suggestion for this discussion to end:

You should become active now and follow up with some new uploads.
#777013 has an assigned CVE, so it's somewhat an important issue an
should be fixed. The bug has been open for three months now and if you
are really an active maintainer, you should go ahead and fix these
issues rather soon.

There is this saying in the community: "Talk is easy, show us the code."

Adrian

- --
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz