Re: chirp 0.3.0-0.1 Debian package available

On Friday, April 05, 2013 09:15:15, Chris Knadle wrote:
> On Friday, April 05, 2013 02:46:15, David A Aitcheson wrote:
[...]
> > The PPA for chirp is at
> > https://launchpad.net/~dansmith/+archive/chirp-snapshots

[...]
> I've downloaded the source package so I can have a look and compare it
> with the packge I just put together.

Just did a quick review; putting aside the source code differences (because
the PPA is a daily build rather than of the 0.3.0 version), the main
differences in the packaging are mostly superficial:

  - package name (chirp vs chirp-daily)
  - debhelper compat (9 vs 7)
  - Standards-Version (3.9.4 vs 3.9.2)
  - dependencies (chirp-daily depends on python-suds)
  - copyright file (1.0 format vs and older format)
  - patch set (different sources so this is expected)
  - addition of the --with-python2 option to dh in the rules file,
    which was required to upgrade to compat 9

I don't see any changes I need to make based on the comparison.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@coredump.us