Re: Message from Rein

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 10:14:37PM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> Rein, what about long-term plans for tlf. I would like to see the following:
>
> tlf should start using global files, so you have a clean directory when a new
> contest starts. Just use /usr/share/tlf for your global data and put tlf with
> scripts into /usr/bin. Of course, some of the scripts have to be renamed.
> 'Clear' is not a very good name for a shell script :-). I just can't see why
> a program should run in it's own directory.
Follow the FHS for this sort of thing, there's enough hamradio programs
out there with brain-damaged directory structure without asking for
more.  Making it FHS compliant means you won't get bugs against it for
bad directory structure and then complaints from people that mount, say
/usr, readonly.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>