Re: [RFC] session saving and the logout dialog

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Also, the "2.12 version" is still present in gnome 2.16, it is only
> hidden.

 Yeah, we both know the code is around, but not used anymore.  You just
 can't say they want this version of the code to be the default.  I'm
 just stating the obvious: we're diverging from upstream for a problem
 which is not Debian specific.

> >    The idea of making it a GConf value is that a one-liner can help
> >  switching from one to the other and be documented in the README.Debian
> >  files.
> Again, this is too much complicated for just saving a session.

 First, I didn't understand your critic, and I immediately wanted to
 clarify that this gconf setting would be to always save the session or
 never save the session.... but I realized this already exists!  IIUC,
 the session preferences permit one to chose to always save session on
 exit.

 Why would one *not* want to always save sessions when one wants to save
 his session?  I personally would like to never save session, which is
 the current default, and I'm happy about.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>