Re: [RFC] session saving and the logout dialog

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> >  Problems with using the UI of 2.12: upstream changed the UI for 2.14
> >  and kept the changes for 2.16, we would be diverging.
> >
> >  In general, I would prefer it if we could fix the UI upstream so that
> >  we get the translations for free, but of course this is a solution for
> >  long term only.
> Sure, the plan is to push this change upstream.

 Hmm, I wonder what new arguments we have to *revert* this old decision
 which they kept between 2.14 and 2.16.

> >  My preference goes to keeping the 2.14 dialog, but we could perhaps
> >  make this dependent of a GConf key to toggle between 2.12's and 2.14's
> >  version; at least if we don't get consensus in the user base, there
> >  will be a solution for end-users to choose what they prefer.
> Having to fiddle with gconf for a feature as simple as session saving
> seems too much a hassle.

 Do you have another idea to conceal the fact I want to stick to
 upstream and you want the 2.12 version?
   The idea of making it a GConf value is that a one-liner can help
 switching from one to the other and be documented in the README.Debian
 files.

--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>