Re: Esound versus Alsa versus GStreamer versus GNOME versus 2.6 versus ...

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 04:20:16PM +0200, Chipzz wrote:
> You forget that ALSA is Linux-only. Debian also runs on a freebsd kernel
> and on the Hurd (freebsd only does OSS AFAIK, and I don't even know what
> the Hurd has for audio, even if it *has* audio at all).

We can tweak the deps per architecture if we find that's necessary in
the future.

Regarding the Hurd, no, it has no audio support right now. Unlike Luis M
says, it is being developed, and it's actually getting the needed
stability so people can try it out and so on.

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/