Re: annoying changes in gnome-terminal

<quote who="Eloy A. Paris">

> I agree with Christian. I don't think God intended AA fonts to be used
> in a terminal window :) But hey, God respects everybody's preferences
> ;-)

Me too, but it's not a good reason to diss the widget. ;-)

> > Use a bitmap font, and you won't get anti-aliased terminal fonts. I do
> > it all the time (using SGI screen font, which rocks).
>
> I use the Terminus font (from the package xfonts-terminus) and am very
> happy with it, but I wouldn't mind giving this SGI screen font a try.
> Where can I get it?

I have a copy on my website, http://perkypants.org/misc/ but I'm really
unsure about its status in terms of distribution and freeness... I guess it
is a bit naughty to have it up there (though it is very rarely linked to,
yada yada).

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

   On a clear day, I bet you can really see the class struggle from that
                            penthouse of yours.