Re: Ghost in the machine again - this time courtesy of gdm

W liście z śro, 07-05-2003, godz. 17:54, Eloy A. Paris pisze:

> Is anyone seeing ghosts left by gdm? When I log into my machine via gdm
> (gdm 2, the current one in unstable), gdm creates an entry in
> /var/run/utmp. Now, after I log out, the entry still exists.

I am also using Debian unstable and gdm2 (I do updates almost everyday).

> After the gnome-terminal "ghost" saga, and now this, you can tell I hate
> ghosts in my machine. One reason I dislike this so much is that I use

And do you like daemons? ;-) Did you run gnome-terminal? My gdm2 works
perfectly, it does not leave some corrupted entries in /var/run/utmp
(/var/log/wtmp). I had this problem but only with gnome-terminal.

regards,
Maciek

--
Maciej Stachura (Public GPG Key at http://www.gnome.pl/~mst/)
stachura@unicity.pl

"What has the Torun-cake to the windmill?"