Re: annoying changes in gnome-terminal

<quote who="Ross Burton">

> On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 10:39, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > Since when you have not did an upgrade ? The current libvte4 in unstable
> > is 0.10.27
>
> 0.10.27 was uploaded on the 5th, but before that 0.11.0-2 was in
> unstable, which has "issues" with font sizes.

Yeah, the very latest vte fixes all of the serious 'normal usage' issues,
but is still regarded as unstable.

> I've heard that the latest 0.11.x fixes these issues, but also links to
> libGL if it can... Nalin must be smoking something strong...

Nup, he's trying very hard to satisfy people's complaints about performance,
most likely because all he's got are flames, and he really doesn't deserve
them. Using GL for optimisations is not that crackful.

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

  "We live in a place where policy discussion is conducted with money." -
                                Eben Moglen