Re: How to fix a crashing Nautilus

On Mit, Jan 22, 2003 at 04:51:30 +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Johannes Rohr <j.rohr@comlink.apc.org> writes:
>
> > Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > If you have this file, there is no need to depend on gnome-themes,
> > other than out of solidarity with visually impaired people.
>
> Inreresting. But I can't do that because these files are in the
> libgtk1.2-common package. somebody should file a bug.

Yes, but against gnome-control-center. A theme installer that refuses to
work unless you already have themes installed seem kind of bone-headed
to me.

(no offense intended! Of course, this is upstream's responsibility)

If gnome-theme-manager can't find an index.theme anywhere in
/usr/share/themes/*/, it should pick up the current Gtk/Metacity/Icon
setting and call them "Current Theme" or so, giving you the chance to
edit, rename or save it. (This is IIRC what the Windoze theme manager
does).

> I don't really want to see the control center depends on gnome-themes.

And *really* it shouldn't but instead ship with a "Default" metatheme
included. Else you see _only_ accessability themes the first time you
launch the theme manager.

Currently there is no "Default" theme in the gnome-themes package. There
definitely has to be one, providing the user an easy way to revert
everything to default settings _without_ having to visit "Details"

Thanks,

Johannes
--
~/.signature under construction