Re: Debianizing Debian's GNOME/KDE a bit more

El mar, 04-11-2003 a las 11:26, Ross Burton escribió:
> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 10:06, Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> > If you change the .schema file, the change will be for all users (except
> > those that already changed that specific setting, gconf only store a
> > user preference when it's different from the default one.
>
> I've not been following this thread... but anyone caught changing schema
> files will invoke the wrath of Havoc Pennington.  Its a mistake that
> schemas are in /etc as they should be in /usr/share/gconf/schemas --
> Havoc admits this but it was too late to change when he noticed.

I know that, I'm talking about changing a default key value from the
GNOME specific value to a better one for Debian. The change is a package
change just like a installation dir change.

The schemas MUST not be changed by system administrator, they have the
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults directory for such changes, but we are
talking about system integrator (Debian), we want a different default
than GNOME so we should change the .schema file, but only the default
key value, any other change could break the application or introduce
bugs.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín