Re: Gnome cups integration

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 17:04, Ross Burton wrote:
> That code is from Ximian, and is Evil (TM) patches to libgnomeprint,
> with special Extra Evil (TM) patches to Galeon.  I didn't know they were
> included in the unofficial 2.4 debs, but I don't believe they should go
> anywhere near the Debian packages, mainly as everything breaks when CUPS
> isn't used...

I'll reply to myself to clarify the situation.

This is stock GNOME in Sid:
  http://www.burtonini.com/computing/screenshots/gnomeprint-stock-1.png
  http://www.burtonini.com/computing/screenshots/gnomeprint-stock-2.png
  http://www.burtonini.com/computing/screenshots/gnomeprint-stock-3.png

This is GNOME from Ximian Desktop 2:
  http://www.burtonini.com/computing/screenshots/gnomeprint-xd2-1.png
  http://www.burtonini.com/computing/screenshots/gnomeprint-xd2-2.png

The application which displayed this dialog is gedit. Don't use Galeon
as that in Sid wraps the Mozilla dialogs.

As far as I know, the patches which make XD2 look like it does depend on
a CUPS server being used. It might be possible to ship the patch in the
libgnomeprintui source package, and build a libgnomeprintui-cups binary
package with the patch applied.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com