Re: Bits from the GNOME Team

Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org> writes:

> Correct. It should detail the canonical method in all cases, and suggest
> the debhelper methods as suitable shorthands. Pointing to an
> implementation and saying "do it like that" is not the business of a
> policy document.

Yes, sure

> As an aside, it seems totally crackheaded to try and keep an
> ever-changing list of 14 or more people in the Uploaders: field. Perhaps
> just mark the Maintainer of the package as some gnome maintainer
> address, and then people detail their name in the changelog before a
> batch of changes they make? In the style of glibc/X/etc, which are
> maintained by teams.

example:

Source: glibc
Maintainer: GNU Libc Maintainers <debian-glibc@lists.debian.org>
Uploaders: Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>, GOTO Masanori
<gotom@debian.or.jp>, Philip Blundell <pb@nexus.co.uk>, Jeff Bailey
<jbailey@nisa.net>, Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>

All the team members are listed. Without that no way to sign the
changelog with your name ...

I think the ${gnome_team} idea is good. We just have to use a debhelper
module... we can put it in a gnome-maintain-tools package with the
policy and the tools used for the CVS/SVN gestion. Somebody has a better
idea ?

> I'm interested in getting Gaim in here too, even though it's not
> strictly GNOME, just so I've got people to watch my back when I'm away
> or whatever.

Good idea. It's nice to have the team for this sort of situation
too ;-)

Btw do you want to join the team ?

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher