using GNOME on multiple NFS-home machines

[ Please CC me on all replies. ]

Hi, I currently have the GNOME 2.2 woody backport set up on a group of
12 Debian machines. All users' home directories are NFS mounted. My
problem is that GNOME or GNOME utilities (gnome-terminal, gedit, etc.)
cannot be run properly on computer B after one of the GNOME utilities
is run on computer A, as the utility complains on computer B about
errors (after having a lot of network traffic on that computer for a
few seconds). Is there any way to alleviate this very annoying locking
behavior? It's rather annoying for our users, especially me in
particular.