Re: Bits from the GNOME Team

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 15:15, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 09:26:28PM +0900, Akira TAGOH wrote:
> > SB> Ross Burton has just added his "Debian GNOME Packaging Policy" in the
> > SB> doc manager:
> > SB> http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/1316/18/gnome-policy-20030502-1.html
> > BTW should we update the scrollkeeper section to just use
> > dh_scrollkeeper?
>
> The document should have the "by hand" method too, we can't assume we
> all use debhelper.
>
> Jordi

Correct. It should detail the canonical method in all cases, and suggest
the debhelper methods as suitable shorthands. Pointing to an
implementation and saying "do it like that" is not the business of a
policy document.

As an aside, it seems totally crackheaded to try and keep an
ever-changing list of 14 or more people in the Uploaders: field. Perhaps
just mark the Maintainer of the package as some gnome maintainer
address, and then people detail their name in the changelog before a
batch of changes they make? In the style of glibc/X/etc, which are
maintained by teams.

I'm interested in getting Gaim in here too, even though it's not
strictly GNOME, just so I've got people to watch my back when I'm away
or whatever.

Regards,
Rob