Re: The new GNOME maintenance team

Sven Luther wrote:
Maybe an idea is this. Let the team prepare 2.4 experimental packages
and upload them to experimental. If this works out well, and the package
are of good quality and bug are fixed in a timely manner, then the team
will have proven that it can handle it, and the package can in time be
uploaded to unstable. If this is a failure, we can smply forget about
the team idea, and revert to the old manner, which as it was in unstable
was not influenced with this.

Do whatever you want in experimental; I will look unkindly on hijacks of my packages in unstable, though.

I am all for more people helping with gnome packaging but in the end my packages are mine. File bugs with patches and/or NMU at will, but only hijack if there is a good reason. "This might be beneficial" isn't one.