Re: The new GNOME maintenance team

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:58:57PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> So some maintainers have decided to create a GNOME Maintenance team.

Who are these people?

There's been a reply saying somebody wants to hand over a package to the
team, rather than join the team, continue maintaining their packages to
their current level and also improve other packages.

I think lots of other gnome maintainers have similar thoughts - by
joining the gnome strike force, they will have help with their packages.
This is completely wrong. For the project to work, all gnome maintainers
will have to put in far more effort.

Let's be realistic here.

We might not like the way some of the bug reports in gnome are handled,
but the packages are made quickly and are made well. Do you people truly
believe you can all do a better job? Can you take on an extra 3 (?) packages
each?

I'm not arguing that something could be done to help with gnome in
Debian at the moment, I just think that a sudden move of all gnome
related packages from a system where things work well to team
maintainership would be a disaster, especially without the cooperation
of the current maintainers.

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :