Re: shutdown from gnome logout dialog

Sebastian Kapfer <sebastian_kapfer@gmx.net> writes:
> > Because you can tell it to shutdown, and then forget about the box,
> > instead of having to log out of gnome, wait a few minutes
>
> A few minutes?! I hope you're exaggerating here.

It can take a long time, anyway, usually lots of stuff has to get paged
in, etc.  It's usually about 30-40 seconds on my machine, long enough
that many times I _have_ gone away and done something else -- and even
worse, I use the `autologin after 30s' function of gdm, so often I find
it's logged me back in by the time I get back... :-)

-Miles
--
"Most attacks seem to take place at night, during a rainstorm, uphill,
 where four map sheets join."   -- Anon. British Officer in WW I