Re: new file open dialog

Le Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:37:11 +1000
Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org> a écrit:

> <quote who="Mpiktas">
>
> > After recent upgrade of my Sid box I noticed that file open dialog
> > has changed. Yet not long time ago people were moaning about it in
> > gnomedesktop.org and reply was that new file open dialog will appear
> > only Gnome 2.6. Have I missed something?
>
> Nothing has changed upstream. When GTK+/GNOME people talk about "the
> new file selector", they're talking about an infrastructure and GUI,
> not just the GUI. :-)
>
> Sounds like someone has added the XD2 file selector patch to the GTK+
> packages.

I just updates to the last GTK2 package, and after a little look in the
debian/patches dir, i saw the ximian file selector patch. Just saw it
what it rendres and it's of course quite better than the original one !

Shot (french locale) :
http://julien.portalier.com/divers/debian-gtk2-filselector.png

I just hav one 'bug', i don't have such things as nautilus installed, so
the "Documents" button refuses to open anything. What is the directory i
do have to make ? Eg: for "Desktop" i need the ~/.gnome-desktop/ dir.

Julien