Re: Linux Browsers

I know that .ASP is server side. I expected that whatever it generates for menus is not standard W3C. Anytime I right web apps, I do generate standard W3C.

That said, they ain't gonna change for one user that does not like that buggy operating system written by that funny little man. Everyone else involved does use it.

Maybe I'll write menus that do it right and see if the webmeister there will use them.....

Thanks just the same,

Tom

On 2003.05.06 15:43, Walt Reed wrote:
tom said:
> An organization that I volunteer for (AYSO
Youth
> Soccer) recently added a browser based
> administration system. Unfortunately, they
built
> it following the Microsoft standards, and the
> menus do not work with any browser I've tried
in
> Linux. I've tried Mozilla, Opera, and Galeon.
> Obviously, the .ASP code they use is
proprietary,
> but it does work in both IE (duh) and Opera in

> Windows.

.ASP is a server side technology and has nothing
to do
with anything on the client.

That said, the idiots (which is what they are
for not following W3C
standards) either wrote it to MS's proprietary
DOM crap, or are using
some Active-X / VB script crap which will only
work on Windows.

The only way to tell what is REALLY going on is
to look at the raw HTML
and decipher it.

Once you find out what the code is doing, you
can show the developer
what is wrong, and strongly suggest that the
code be fixed. If they
BOUGHT the tool set from some third party
company, then your
organization needs to get the vendor to fix it.
In either case, it IS
broken and your only remedy is for them to fix
it.