Re: Compiling gtk

tom dijo:
> The only reason is that I need to learn more about the technical side
> of Linux. This is a good way to do it....

I think you'd learn more if you downloaded source .debs and took a look
at the debian/rules files, noticing changes mantainers made, and
considering why.

Anyway, instead of installing Xfree86 from tgz binaries, using debs
would save you a lot of trouble, whatever you are compiling. It's the
same thing, only you take advantage of having Xfree in the database of
installed packages, and you make sure it gets installed at the right
place.

If you take my .2¢ of €, install Xfree from .debs, then build Gnome from
scratch, using the "apt-get source $package" tool.

--
 .''`.         No a la Guerra, No en mi nombre, No con mi silencio.
: :' :