Re: Compiling gtk

The only reason is that I need to learn more about the technical side of Linux. This is a good way to do it....

Thanks

On 2003.03.02 22:49 James Curbo wrote:
On 2003.03.02 16:19 tom wrote:
I would wager that I do not, given the problem. I downloaded the tgz files from ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.2.0/ and ran the Install script. I also installed the upgrade to 4.2.1. I assumed that would be the full installation.

Should I simply restart and load from the .deb files? or is their another source for the dev files?

Thanks!

You're better off with the XFree86 4.2 backport apt repository on apt-get.org.

http://apt-get.org/list.php?site=25

There is a GNOME 2 woody backport there as well.

http://apt-get.org/list.php?site=49

This should save you tons of trouble, unless you have a specific reason for compiling GNOME 2.

James