Re: Compiling gtk

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 04:19:36PM -0600, tom <tom@osageinc.com> wrote:
> I would wager that I do not, given the problem. I downloaded the tgz
> files from ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.2.0/ and ran the Install
> script. I also installed the upgrade to 4.2.1. I assumed that would be
> the full installation.
>
> Should I simply restart and load from the .deb files? or is their
> another source for the dev files?

Oh, I misunderstood -- thought you were using the .debs, not X's
binary tarballs.

If it's a non-standard lib directory (i.e. not /lib, /usr/lib,
/usr/local/lib, etc.), you'll need to pass -L/lib/path to the linker.
You'll also need to use -I in your compiler calls if the headers are in
an unusual place.

For many programs, this is just a matter of passing -I in CFLAGS and -L
in LDFLAGS. Alternately, the configure script may allow you to specify
the path where X can be found.

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>
GPG: 0x3B047084 7FC7 0DC0 EF31 DF83 7313  FE2B 77A8 F36A 3B04 7084

Under-Secretary for Making Deep Growling Noises