Re: GDM 2.4 in sid

This one time, at band camp, Sven Luther wrote:
>As i understood it, from a mail to this list a month or so ago, the gdm
>maintainer said that he would not upload a gdm 2.4 package because it is
>not considered stable on some arches.

This is stupid.  Ryan should upload the package, and then let the build
daemons sort it out.  If there are build errors, then they can be addressed,
and if the program crashes, RC bugs will be filed and the package won't go
into testing.  But we should be given the opportunity to test the package,
rather than keeping it hoarded away in Ryan's one man cathedral, until he
deems it fit for upload.

It's called unstable.  We can cope if it breaks.

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq