Re: nautilus is till slow

peloy@chapus.net (Eloy A. Paris) writes:

[...]

> What worries me is that the Nautilus developers seem to be adding more
> and more features (new views, multi-rooted tree sidebar, etc.) instead
> of focusing on performance. Nautilus still has a big memory footprint
> (although it's better than in previous versions.)
>
> If Nautilus were to keep the current feature set, but made faster and
> less memory-hungry, it would be _the_ file manager.

My impression is that it is mostly other persons than the maintainers
of Nautilus that have been working on those new features.

And frankly I think it is still missing some features (e.g. filtered
selection) to be a Real file manager. But then I grew up with Norton
Commander. :-)

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/