nautilus is till slow

Le lun 27/01/2003 à 03:49, Sean Middleditch a écrit :

> Nautilus renders differently than Galeon/Gecko, and thus triggers the
> nVidia bug where Galeon would not.  A number of other apps have this
> issue with the 41xx nVidia drivers, which do not with the 3xxx driver
> series.  Downgrading, it gets much better.  Using the older drivers,
> Nautilus2.2 is *very* snappy, even on the much much older machine I'm
> stuck with at work.  Here, at home, on a far faster machine, it's quite
> slow, because I'm using the newer drivers, and I'm too lazy to
> downgrade.  ;-)

Ok, I understand then why it feels slow here: I'm using Xinerama, so the
DRI is disabled. I must have the same speed as the buggy nVidia drivers.

But then I'm still pretty disappointed with nautilus' speed. We were
promised 2.2 was quickier, snappiest, but (without DRI at least) it
still feels slow.
OTOH, Win2k under VMWare (so without using any sort of acceleration)
*is* snappy, explorer (which has to use SMB over an emulated NIC) is
speedy to display my home directory.