Re: Broken GDM internationalisation in Debian

Mantas =?ISO-8859-13?B?S3JpYXXoaftuYXM=?= <monte@mail.lt> writes:

[...]

> I always have problems with GDM in Lithuanian language on debian.
> Problem is here - GDM uses lang settings fron environment, but in
> debian gdm start script starts before environment changes lang
> setting to Lithuanian :( I sould every time, when installing debian
> manually put LANG=lt_LT in /etc/init.d/gdm :(
>
> Hope debian developers will solve this problem.

OK, considering the lack of a clean option, it's pretty obviously a
bug. Does anyone here know who is to blame? Should the GDM package
parse the /etc/environment script or is it a general problem with the
boot procedure? Where do I send my bug report?

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/