Re: HTTP stuff timing out on package install

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 10:41:01AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 03:00:11AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> > As far as I know, we don't have an XML catalog at all, so yes, that
> > would probably make it not standards compliant...
>
> There is already a bug report against libxml2 for this, but apparently
> the libxml2 maintainer does not feel responsible for maintaining a xml
> catalog.
>
> So, what would it take to obtain a libxml2 catalog ? Whose
> responsability is it [...] to package it ?

there is some discussion about this on the debian-sgml list [1], i think.
progress is being made, albeit slowly.

also, that list is probably the best place to ask question about xml
catalog registration, as the people there are fairly knowledgeable about
it.

[1] see http://lists.debian.org/debian-sgml/2002/debian-sgml-200212/msg00001.html

--
gram