Re: HTTP stuff timing out on package install

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 03:00:11AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 22:46, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > If you report this bug to libxml2 Daniel Veillard will just go on a
> > big rant about the Debian XML catalog setup not being standards
> > compliant.
>
> As far as I know, we don't have an XML catalog at all, so yes, that
> would probably make it not standards compliant...

There is already a bug report against libxml2 for this, but apparently
the libxml2 maintainer does not feel responsible for maintaining a xml
catalog.

So, what would it take to obtain a libxml2 catalog ? Whose
responsability is it (the one of the debian developper who chose to
maintain this package ? What if nobody steps forward, either because
nobody knows that we need such a thing, or that nobody want take the
responsability of this package) to package it ?

I personally would do it, but i have not much time, and know nothing
about xml and dtd, as Christian already pointed out to me, and saddly i
have no time to read docs and other such.

But if it is just taking a file and/or a bunch of .dtd files and
packaging them, i could do it, so that this would solve the problem.

Now, responding to every bug report about this saying that this is not
my problem, is not a solution.

Friendly,

Sven Luther