Re: G2D problem with window managers

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 04:30:21PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> <snip>
> > Also, windows like the panel are always on top - this breaks with certain
> > apps such as XawTV fullscreen.  I'm not sure if the bug here lies in XawTV
> > not making sure it's above the panel or in the panel for not getting out
> > of XawTV's way.  Forcing the depth of one or both windows should fix this.
>
> That's a broken application, ie. it doesn't use the _NET_WM hints. It's
> pretty easy to fix. If you want to fix it, I'll point you to the piece
> of code you need.

XawTV or Panel?

With classes starting very soon, my time is quite limited, but I can take
a look or file a bug or something at least.  Actually, I really preferred
Zapping which is a better behaved program, but it tends to tickle a bug in
the bttv driver or my bt879 chipset or something which causes S-Video to
lose its color.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>      Available in cherry and grape

<Knghtbrd>     Europe Passes Pro-spam Law
<Knghtbrd> I though only Americans were that fucking stupid  =>
<Espy> apparently americans are quite naive :)