Re: G2D problem with window managers

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 08:43, Julien Portalier wrote:

> The problem is with the window manager. I though the default window
> manager used by G2D was sawfish (G2D version) or metacity. But it's
> apparently not the case ! The default launched one is... twm !

I think the solution to this problem is simply to make metacity have a
higher alternatives priority than twm (and most other window managers).
If the system administrator installs metacity, they likely did it as
part of installing GNOME 2, and that means they likely want GNOME 2 to
be the default desktop.

Besides, metacity's functionality is basically a useful superset of that
of twm.

Akira?  What do you think?