Re: G2D in unstable: a user's perspective

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 01:57:31PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Le Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 04:27:13AM -0700, Chris Waters écrivait:
> > And isn't that a matter for the Gnome2 maintainers to decide?  Which,
> > I note, you are not.  Who appointed you to make decisions for me and
> > the other Gnome2 maintainers?  May I remind you that your bid to be
> > DPL failed?  You seem to have forgotten.

> What are you trying to do ? This is not constructive, you're just looking
> for more flamewars.

> I discuss with Christian Marillat by private mails since it's a friend
> of mine.

Ok, fair enough, that's actually a pretty decent excuse.  I was
originally a little bit shocked to realize that you weren't one of the
Gnome maintainers, so I may have overreacted a little.

I do think it would be more honest for you to say things like
"Christian thinks that's too much work", than things like "that's too
much work for the Gnome maintainers".  Also, while you're at it, can
you possibly address the issue of why Christian keeps refusing all the
offers for help, if this is all so much work?  This is the third time
I've raised the issue of the offers of help from me and others, and
I have yet to see any response.

> Christian agree with my invocation of the tech-ctte.

As do I -- if you hadn't suggested it, I would have.  I do think that
you misrepresented my (and others') position a bit in your report to
them, but not as badly as I was afraid you would.  In fact, not badly
at all.  Anyway, I'll address that later today when I have a bit more
time.

cheers
--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single