Re: G2D in unstable: a user's perspective

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 12:46:33PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Well, at this state, you know that I'm confident that what I propose
> is a "sane solution". You don't appear to agree with me. You want to
> impose an overhead of work to the Gnome2 maintainers

And isn't that a matter for the Gnome2 maintainers to decide?  Which,
I note, you are not.  Who appointed you to make decisions for me and
the other Gnome2 maintainers?  May I remind you that your bid to be
DPL failed?  You seem to have forgotten.

> I explained the problems and the various ins and outs. Correct me if I
> restranscribed badly your point of view. They will take the decision for
> us.

They may or may not.  Aj seems to think that Christian should be the
one to invoke the tech ctte if anyone is going to do so.  It's
entirely possible that the tech ctte will simply decide that it should
be up to the Gnome maintainers.  Which, I remind you again, you are
not.  I also suspect the fact that Bastien, who *is* a gnome
maintainer, disagrees with you, is going to make them even more
reluctant to get in the middle.  But who knows -- I was going to
suggest raising the matter with them myself.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single