Re: G2D in unstable: a user's perspective

Le Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 04:27:13AM -0700, Chris Waters écrivait:
> And isn't that a matter for the Gnome2 maintainers to decide?  Which,
> I note, you are not.  Who appointed you to make decisions for me and
> the other Gnome2 maintainers?  May I remind you that your bid to be
> DPL failed?  You seem to have forgotten.

What are you trying to do ? This is not constructive, you're just looking
for more flamewars.

I discuss with Christian Marillat by private mails since it's a friend
of mine. He has better things to do than to write dozen of mails here. People
keep flaming him, I help him by defending his point of view.

> They may or may not.  Aj seems to think that Christian should be the
> one to invoke the tech ctte if anyone is going to do so.  It's

Christian agree with my invocation of the tech-ctte. If all you want is
a public acknowledgment of the tech-ctte invocation, Christian can do
it. But that's the kind of bureaucracy that is just painful.

> entirely possible that the tech ctte will simply decide that it should
> be up to the Gnome maintainers.  Which, I remind you again, you are

The Gnome maintainers don't agree together ! Otherwise, we would not
have that problem.

Furthermore, not being the official maintainer of any Gnome package,
doen't not mean that you know nothing about the Gnome packages. You may
be co-maintainer, or just someone subscribed to Gnome packages via the
Package Tracking System ...

Cheers,