Re: Lost window manager?

Em Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:17:58 +0100, "Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@debian.org>
escreveu:

>  My problem _now_ is that I did something which upset gnome-wm or
>  gnome-session (I don't know which -- I'm gessing the later) and I don't
>  get a window manager after logging with a GNOME session.

It seems like window manager selection on GNOME2 is sucky up to now... I
would like to have the gconf key working, and to be able to select the
window manager in a more friendly way...

I think the solution for your problem is using the panel or nautilus
to run some window manager so that it gets included in the session and
then exit gnome saving it.

Hey jdub, any chance this is going to be made smoother on GNOME2.2?
A working gnome-wm, using the gconf key values would be a good idea.

[]s!

--
kov@debian.org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>