Re: Lost window manager?

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 08:52:03AM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm not sure which package is at fault, so I rather ask here instead of
>  submitting a bug and have people play ping-pong with it...

try (as root) :

  update-alternatives --config x-window-manager

The reason is that debian uses the the alternatives mechanism to set the
windows manager (system wide)

For a per user change, you need to set a environment option, but i don't
remember the exact name.

It would be nice if the gconf/gnome prefs/gnome-wm were configured on
debian so they are just a frontend to changing the x-window-manager
alternative or something such.

Friendly,

Sven Luther