Re: G2D problem with window managers

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 01:48:33PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Ears are found in... BUGZILLA! Even then, we can't all leap in and bow to
> your needs, you might actually have to do some of this work yourself.
>
> > I asked for the ability to open a tab in the current gnome-terminal window
> > from the command line, that's all.  This would allow epic to use tabs like
> > xchat and other similar browsers do.  I've been able to use MGT to get the
> > feature for now, but that's G1 and definitely deprecated in favor of the
> > built-in tab support in gnome-terminal2.  Havoc says he didn't see how
> > this feature would be useful to anyone or how it could be implemented
> > anyway.
>
> Dude. Do it, send the patch, or lodge a bug, or find someone who is
> intrigued by the idea (I like it, it wouldn't be too hard to impliment given
> that we've got a factory for new terminals already). Don't rant and whinge,
> offer solutions.

#83203, filed 27 May 2002.  Havoc declared it not a bug and hasn't even
addressed the missing documentation point I raised after he did so.  When
asked on irc about this, he said he wasn't going to add the feature
because he saw no need for it.  The bug report number was mentioned so he
did have some idea of what I was talking about I hope.  I might even still
have irc logs detailing the conversation and his conclusion that the
feature is not important enough to have.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>                    Not many fishes

<netgod> you know
<netgod> its really sad when the internic itself cant configure DNS
         servers right
<netgod> it just doesnt get any more pathetic than that