G2D problem with window managers

Hello all,

I found something strange while installing G2D, I had it with by
installing it from experimental for my own Sid, and i got it again when
i installed it from G2D for woody on a friend's pc.

The problem is with the window manager. I though the default window
manager used by G2D was sawfish (G2D version) or metacity. But it's
apparently not the case ! The default launched one is... twm !

We can get rid of this problem by doing this by removing the twm package
and relinking the /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager to
/usr/bin/sawfish|metacity but this make G2D start to be quite long...
(gnome2 is starting faster on my Celeron378/384Mo than on it's
Athlon1800+/512Mo...) it's waiting for something (don't know what) when
lauching the window manager, and next starts sawfish|metacity ...

That's what i did for my friend's computer. For my own, i also did that,
but i also modified the gconf entries for the defaults manager (
/apps/desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/default &
/apps/desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/current ) and set them
to sawfish. Now, I don't have any more problem with the window manager
(except that when sawfish crashes it is not automatically restarted, and
sometimes it doesn't start by itself - huh ?).

Well, i could get rid of this configuration problem because i know a bit
of Linux & XFree, but my friend though there was something wrong with
gnome2, and didn't knew anything about twm... He is not an average user.
And i think most of people who will install G2D won't understand
anything and would report bug like "What's with those strange green bars
around my gnome panels ?? And why is my nautilus desktop in a green
border window ???"

Would it be possible to set the gconf keys in a debconf option ? Eg: you
install the gnome-session(2) package and you can choose the
window-manager you want started by default (sawfish|metacity|...).

Julien