Re: G2D problem with window managers

<quote who="Joseph Carter">

> #83203, filed 27 May 2002.  Havoc declared it not a bug and hasn't even
> addressed the missing documentation point I raised after he did so.  When
> asked on irc about this, he said he wasn't going to add the feature
> because he saw no need for it.  The bug report number was mentioned so he
> did have some idea of what I was talking about I hope.  I might even still
> have irc logs detailing the conversation and his conclusion that the
> feature is not important enough to have.

This usually means "if you want it, please provide it", not "it will not go
in" (and I'm pretty sure it does in this case). It's not a priority to
Havoc, so why should he spend the time hacking on a fairly peripheral new
feature when he has so much else to do?

- Jeff

--
     "First: This is not a race." - Jody Goldberg on the Free Software
                                  desktop