Re: Sawfish2: '2' Suffix

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 18:29, Steve Greenland wrote:
> This is probably going to sound a harsh, but as a user of GNOME, and
> assuming that the idea is to release (woody+1) with GNOME 2.x and not
> GNOME 1.x, I'd vote for putting GNOME 2.x in unstable without using foo2
> style names.

I don't want to replace GNOME 1.4 in unstable right now; I still use it
as my main desktop environment.  Some big things (e.g. Evolution) still
aren't ported to 2.0.

I don't see why we can't have the best of both worlds; e.g. GNOME 2
available in unstable now with the "2" suffix where applicable, and then
at some point before woody+1 we rename all the packages and replace
GNOME 1.4.

I do understand the reasons for keeping things in experimental, though.
I don't know.  Maybe I'm just annoyed because experimental isn't
autobuilt, and everyone else uploads for i386.