Re: Sawfish2: '2' Suffix

Hello Christian,

we really should have a real GNOME-2 transition plan.

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 08:28:33PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> May be sawfish2 will be moved in unstable with the sawfish name.

What should we do?  Will we upload packages with the 2 suffix to
unstable or will we not?  At the moment I think that we will have a
long GNOME-1.4 -> GNOME-2 transition phase.  So we should at least
consider to have sawfish and sawfish2 in unstable simultaneously.

    Advantage: the user can choose at which point he switches to
               GNOME-2.

    Disadvantage: we have to solve the problems which I indicated
                  in the thread titled "GNOME-2 transition plan".

What do you think?

Jochen
--
                                         Omm