Re: GNOME package(r)s?

* "Raphael" == Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> wrote:

Raphael> I think that we can use Incoming drectly since binary
Raphael> compatibility is assured for Gnome 1.0.50.

Oh, good.

Raphael> Furthermore, we don't have that much time for managing a
Raphael> staging area.

Well, the old one is still in place and usable. But as we can go the
direct way, it is not needed.

Here is something from the GNOME FAQ.

What order should I deal with the GNOME packages?

There is no one answer to this question, but here's an order that
should work well:

                    Debian
 glib                 1.2.4   OK
 gtk+                 1.2.4   OK

 imlib                1.9.7   OK
 orbit                0.4.94  OK

 gtk-doc

I think this is

Package: gtk-doc-tools
Section: devel
Maintainer: Steve Haslam <araqnid@debian.org>
Source: gtk-doc
Version: 0+cvs19990528-2
 These tools extract documentation embedded in GNOME source code, and
 produce pretty output via DocBook SGML.

Someone will have to do a NMU.

 libgtop               1.0.1  Ian Lynagh <ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk>

 gtk-engines	       0.5    Ed Boraas <ed@debian.org>

 gnome-libs            1.0.40 Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@debian.org>
 gnome-core            1.0.7  Steve Haslam <araqnid@debian.org>
 control-center        1.0.5  Steve Haslam <araqnid@debian.org>
 gnome-print           0.7    Vincent Renardias <vincent@debian.org>
 mc                    4.5.38  OK
 gnome-guile	       0.99.0.cvs.19990627-1 James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org>
 gnome-python          1.0.4  Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org>
                       (python-gnome in Debian)
 gnome-objc            We don't have this?
 gtk--                 1.0.1  Marcus Brinkmann <brinkmd@debian.org>

 anything else, as needed, in whatever order

Looks easy doable. So, is there more that is part of the GNOME 1.0.50
release?

Ciao,
	Martin