Re: GNOME package(r)s?

Le Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 04:06:55AM -0500, Tim P. Gerla écrivait:
> I am wondering what the current status of the Debian GNOME packages are. Do
> you have maintainers for all of them? A new release is coming up soon, and

Well Steve Haslam maintainer of gnome-libs, gnome-core,
gnome-control-center, gdm and orbit has disappeared from
the face of the earth. But I've asked some help to update
his packages and orbit is already updated. Gnome-libs
and gnome-core are waiting in Incoming.

I wanted to update gdm as well since it doesn't work at all but
gdm2 is very unstable for me. I've crashed my machine twice in
half an hour while using it ... and gdm1 is no more maintained
upstream. Sometone working on correcting gdm1 or making gdm2 stable
would be cool. :)

> we would like to see GNOME packages in Debian, if possible. If there's
> anything we can do to help, please let me or another GNOME hacker know.

Yes you can for example correct bugs in gnome-terminal (take a look
at http://bugs.debian.org/gnome-terminal). Or better use the
Gnome BTS, I have forwarded some bug report. :-)

> If GNOME-media is orphaned, I'd be willing to take over. I'm already
> maintaining the sources in CVS, so I don't suppose maintaining the debian
> package would be much more work. As for the other packages, it would be
> excellent to see 1.0.50 in Debian as soon as it's released.

Yes, we'll try to manage it. Michael Alan Dorman will update gnome-libs,
I will do gnome-core & possibly gnome-control-center. The other Gnome
packages are well maintained in general.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>