Installation report

	Hi!

	I installed GNOME from the slink repository in gnome.org. Just
a few comments. I used apt method from dselect (selecting the task-*
virtual packages, in case that matters). Previously, I had installed
GNOME from the slink staging area (about two months ago).

	. I had previously installed wmaker. The installation upgraded
it to a new version. But failed to install also libwraster2 (the new
wmaker seems to use a dynamic library which is in
libwraster2). libwraster2 is in the repository, and after installation,
wmaker no longer complaints.

	. The enlightment default theme doesn't match the Gnome default
theme. Icons and menus are hidden because of that. (I guess this was
already discussed in this list).

	. Several applications (notably gnome-control) do not work
properly. gnome-control, for instance, shows nothing in the right
frame of its widget. My laptop has not lots of RAM (only 32M), I
wonder if this has something to do with it.

	However, thanks to the people who have made this repository
possible, and thanks to all of you who are working to improve it.

		Jesus.

--
Jesus M. Gonzalez Barahona             | Departamento de Informatica
tel +3491 624 9458, fax +3491 624 9129 | Universidad Carlos III de Madrid