Re: Changing gitlab-ci.yml for user-facing programs?

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 07:11:14PM +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 04:22:52PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > [...]
> > However I think the current config is not useful for packages that users will directly
> > use as programs, and which do not have an arch:all lib package.
> > For example: aerc, micro, riseup-vpn, go-sendxmpp et. al. and I would much rather like to use
> > the default salsa-ci config pipeline for these and I have changed it for a couple of them already.
> >
> > What do you think? And is there an objection in general?
>
> Please only change for packages that you want, like what you have done.
> I'm object to change it for general.

Ofourse, I was talking about specific ones.

> I consider the salsaci[1] waste of resources.

But IMHO, build, i386-build, lintian and autopkgtest are pretty helpful in general none
of which the existing pipeline gives.

> For packages that only using the exposed feature of dh-golang, they are not expected to fix
> any issues found by salsaci[1], like reprotest

Yes

> arch:any, arch:all...

not for this though, it works okay with current setting. arch:all or arch:any failing
would mean that there is some issue with d/rules or install files.
If either fails, then it'd likely fail on buildds too, and package won't migrate.

> The only way to get issues fixed is to work with dh-golang maintenance, or go compiler for
> issues like reproducible, hardening, etc.

True.

--
Regards,